Missoula Websites: Community
Web sites about the Missoula Community.
- Missoula Food Bank (www.missoulafoodbank.org)
We nourish Community.
- A Carousel for Missoula (carouselformissoula.com) - review
A Carousel for Missoula and Dragon Hollow are Community Built Treasures. In downtown Missoula, the park features a three headed dragon protecting a carousel and castle and has an obstacle course, swings and slides.
- Montana Food Bank Network (mfbn.org) - review
The Montana Food Bank Network works to end hunger in Montana.
- Teen Challenge Pacific Northwest Region (www.teenchallengepnw.com)
The Montana Women's Outreach program by Teen Challenge is a faith based recovery service helping young women overcome addiction, abuse or other challenges.
- Wheels of Change International (www.wocinternational.org) - review
Wheels of Change International is helping people in Africa set up sustainable businesses by sending a base of used bicycles from the state.
- Missoula Downtown (www.missouladowntown.com)
Promoting business and cultural events in beautiful downtown Missoula
- National Weather Service (weather.noaa.gov)
Current Conditions in Missoula, Montana.
- Montana Public Radio (www.kufm.org)
KUFM: programming includes jazz, pop, opera, folk, rock, blues, world, new age, and classical music; in-depth news; literature, comedy, and women's programs; science; and the longest running children's radio program in the country.
- KBGA College Radio 89.9 (kbga.org)
Operated by the students of the University of Montana.
- Missoula Forum for Children & Youth Online (www.missoulaforum.org)
A local forum for the younger crowd.
- YMCA (www.ymcamissoula.org)
is dedicated to building a healthy spirit, mind & body
- Seeley Lake (www.seeleylake.com)
SeeleyLake.com is a community site for Seeley Lake and the communities along highway 83 (north east of Missoula)
- Missoula Neighborhoods (www.missoula-neighborhoods.org)
Information on Missoula neighborhoods and the schedule for neighborhood council meetings.
- Flathead Valley Convention and Visitor Bureau (www.fcvb.org)
Site has information on the Flathead Valley and local events.
- Peoples Center (www.peoplescenter.org)
The Peoples Center is the place to experience the rich cultural heritage of the Salish, Pend d'Oreille and Kootenai tribes.
- Habitat for Humanity (www.habitatmsla.org)
A grassroots nonprofit Christian housing ministry dedicated to the elimination of poverty housing in Missoula.
- National Weather Service (www.wrh.noaa.gov)
National Weather Service Office in Missoula has information on local weather.
- WMGLCC (gaymontana.com)
Western Montana Gay & Lesbian Community Center in Missoula.
- Missoula County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau (quickfacts.census.gov)
Montana population in 2001 was 904,433. Missoula county housed 96,303 of these folks. There are 41k homes. Unfortunately, 15.3% of Missoulans fall under poverty level.
- Missoula County Fire Protection Association (www.mcfpa.org)
a non-profit association of fire professionals and emergency service providers in Missoula.
- Missoula Rural Fire District (mrfdfire.org)
become a local volunteer firefighter.
- WEEL (www.weelempowers.org)
Working for Equality and Economic Liberation.
- Missoula.com (missoula.com)
A community service site by the Missoulian, with an entertainment section and news.
- Meetup (www.meetup.com)
Meetup.com is a national site that helps organize local meetings on a variety of topics. To use the program, you sign up for a meeting of interest, when there are enough people, the program will help find a local venue for the meetings.
- Montana Green Power (www.montanagreenpower.org)
Learn about the development of alternative energy resources through Montana. The site has information on solar energy, wind, bio deisel and other renewable energy resources.
- CASA of Missoula (www.missoulacasa.org)
Providing care for abused an neglected children in Montana.
- B.P.O.E. #383 (Profile)
Missoula is home of lodge #383 in the Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks.
- Rotary Club of Missoula (www.clubrunner.ca)
Site includes information on the rotary club of Missoula.
- daughters of the american revolution (www.montanadar.org)
DAR is a club dedicated to community development and historical preservation.
- Community Action Partnership of Northwest Montana (www.nmhr-dist10.org)
Community Action Partnership of Northwest Montana, formerly known as Northwest Montana Human Resources, seeks to improve lives and strenthen community. Services include housing programs, In-Home care, tax preparation and more.
- HomeWORD (www.homeword.org) - review
homeWORD is a non profit in Missoula and Billings Montana committed to providing safe, healthy affordable housing using sustainable methods and promoting strong communities through housing counseling and education for those most in need.
- Montana Food Bank Network (www.mfbn.org) - review
Founded in 1983, The Montana Food Bank Network (MFBN) help fights hunger in the Blue Sky state.
- National Coalition Building Institute. (www.ncbimissoula.org)
NCBI is dedicated to building a more inclusive society.
- YWCA Missoula (www.ywcaofmissoula.org)
YWCA Missoula is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
- Missoula Sunrise Rotary (www.missoulasunriserotary.org)
A community based organization serving Missoula, Mt.
- Great Marriages (greatmarriages.net)
Jim Ramsey of Aletheia Counseling Service offers family and marriage counseling in Missoula.
- Poverello Center, Inc (www.thepoverellocenter.org) - review
The Poverello Center helps Montana's homeless with food, shelter, help and hope.
- The Front Porch (www.livemissoula.com) - review
The Front Porch (LiveMissoula.com) is a site by the Missoula Organization of REALTORS about life in the Garden City.
- CASA of Missoula (www.casamissoula.org)
CASA is a Court Appointed Special Advocate--a trained community volunteer appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of abused and neglected children in court.
- Youth Homes Missoula (www.youthhomes.com)
Youth Homes has programs supporting child welfare in Western Montana.
- Camp Mak-A-Dream (www.campdream.org) - review
Camp Mak-A-Dream is a program to provide wilderness adventures to provide free, medically supervised wilderness adventures for kids with cancer.
Category Hits 14686