Missoula Websites: History
The Web is a great place for exchanging insights on history. This page lists web sites from Missoula concerned with or about history. If you have a site (or even a page) with historical information. Feel free to add it to the directory.
- Roots Web (*)
Genealogical and historical information for Missoula County. The site is maintained by Vikki Gray. The site has some good all around historical research on Missoula. The site is hosted by Ancestry.com which provides genealogical services.
- Historical Museum at Fort Missoula (www.fortmissoulamuseum.org) - review
Constructed in 1998 by the Friends of the Historical Museum at Fort Missoula.
- Travelers' Rest State Park (www.travelersrest.org)
The Park encompasses a centuries-old Native American crossroads and campsite that the Lewis and Clark expedition used twice during their journey. This site is one of the few in the nation with physical proof of the group's visit.
- National Register of Historical Places (www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com)
Information on historic places and buildings in Missoula, Montana.
- Encyclopædia Britannica (www.britannica.com)
This is the Encyclopædia Britannica's entry for Missoula.
- Missoula Law Enforcement Memorial (policestar.com)
Honoring Missoula law enforcement officers who lost their lives in the line of duty.
- Rocky Mountain Museum of Military History (www.fortmissoula.org) - review
Located at the Historic Fort Missoula, the Rocky Mountain Museum of Military History includes artifacts and information about Western Montana History.
- Heritage Research Center, Ltd. (www.heritageresearch.com)
Since 1981, Heritage Research Center has provided professional consulting services for historical research, information technology, and cultural resource management.
- Garnet Ghost Town (www.garnetghosttown.net)
Explore Garnet Town (an old mining town East of Missoula).
Category Hits 4145
*This is an affiliate link.