Missoula Websites: Recreation
Missoula is a place to recreate, to get outdoors and have fun. I imagine that this will be one of the biggest subdirectories for Missoula. The nature section houses links to information on the mountains, the outfitter section will list river, fishing, hiking and other professional guides. The sports section will bring you to team web sites, and sporting goods list places to shop.
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (www.rmef.org) - review
Headquartered in Missoula, the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation is working to conserve 2 million acres of Elk Habitat.
- Center for the Rocky Mountain West (www.crmw.org)
The Center for the Rocky Mountain West is a regional studies and public policy center at The University of Montana in Missoula.
- Brown Bear Resources (www.brownbear.org)
updates on bears, adopting grizzly bears, protecting habitat. General bear info
- Lubrect Experimental Forest (www.cfc.umt.edu)
The Lubrecht Experimental Forest is a 28,000 acre outdoor classroom and laboratory located 30 miles northeast of Missoula, Montana in the Blackfoot River drainage.
- USDA Forest Service Northern Region (www.fs.fed.us)
Region 1 of the USDA Forest Service includes the Bitterroot, Lolo, Kootenai and Flathead forests. You can find info on fires, employment, maps and other interesting forest related info.
- Blacktail Mountain Ski Area (www.blacktailmountain.com)
Montana's newest ski area. Outside Lakeside (on the west side of Flathead Lake) Blacktail offers 13 miles of uncrowded terrain and 24 groomed ski runs.
- Montana Snowbowl (www.montanasnowbowl.com)
20 minutes north of downtown Missoula. Montana Snow Bowl offers Skiing and Snowboarding.
- Missoula Nordic Ski Club (missoulanordic.org) - review
Cross country skiing. See more with less noise.
- Gull Boats and RV of Missoula (www.gullboatsandrv.com)
authorized dealers of the finest recreational vehicles, boats and snowmobiles. Gull Boats offers a wide variety of motor homes, travel trailers, 5th wheels, tent trailers, pick-up campers watercraft and marine parts.
- USGS Waterdata (waterdata.usgs.gov)
The USGS provides streamflow information for all major drainages in the US. This link brings you to USGS station 12340500 Clark Fork above Missoula MT
- West Central Montana Avalanche Center (www.missoulaavalanche.org) - review
The West Central Montana Avalanche Advisory includes an area on the Bitterroot Clearwater and Lolo National Forests from Lookout Pass south to Lolo Pass and on south to Lost Trail Pass and the Rattlesnake Mountains North of Missoula.
- Montana Skatepark Association (missoulaskatepark.org)
A group with a passion for skateparks.
- Glacier Country (www.glaciermt.com)
The Montana Travel Council's guide to visiting Western Montana (Missoula north through Glacier National Park.)
- Lolo National Forest (www.fs.fed.us)
The official US Forest Site for Lolo National Forest.
- Bike Walk Bus Week (www.bikewalkbusmissoula.org) - review
Taking place in April, Bike Walk Bus week encourages people to use alternative means of transportation in the coming summer months.
- Missoula Girl Scouts (missoulagirlscouts.wordpress.com) - review
Site has information on the Girl Scouts in Missoula.
- Garden City Flyers (www.gardencityflyers.org)
Garden City Flyers has information on Disc Golf in Missoula.
- Youth Homes Run 4 Kids (www.youthhomesrun4kids.org)
Youth Homes Run promotes physical fitness and child welfare.
- Rocky Mountaineers (www.rockymountaineers.com) - review
The Rocky Mountaineers is a club for people who like to climb, hike, ski, bike or paddle in Western Montana.
- Yurt Ski (yurtski.com)
Yurt Ski offers back country lodging for skiing adventures.
- Trout Unlimited - Missoula (montanatu.org)
The Missoula Chapter of Trout Unlimited has information on fishing and conservation.
- Westslope Chapter Trout Unlimited (www.westslopetu.org)
The Westslope Chapter of Trout Unlimited is interested in cold water habitat preservation and fishing in Western Montana.
Category Hits 12777