🠈 Glacier Restaurant Group 🠊
Glacier Restaurant Group
Formed in 2007, Glacier Restaurant Group is a holding company—based in Whitefish, Montana—for notable restaurants across the nation. In October 2018, their portfolio included:
- MacKenzie River Pizza is a chain that started in Bozeman and has grown to 27 restaurants.
- Max and Erma's is a chain of about 80 burger joints based in Ohio with locations in Oh, SD, In, Mi, Pa, WV and Va..
- The Craggy Range Bar and Grill is located in Whitefish, Mt.
- Ciao Mambo is an Italian Restaurant and bakery with locations in Whitefish and Missoula.
- Latitude 48 is a bistro in Whitefish.
- Chalkboard is a restaurant in Healdsburg, Ca.
This section shows select events in GRG's history:
- 2007: Company founded as Glacier Restaurant Group by William P. Foley II who was the CEO of CKE Restaurant Group.
- 2007: GRG acquired MacKenzie River Pizza Company.
- 2007: CRG acquired CM Brands which owned Mambo's, Craggy Range Bar and Grill and the Corner House Grille.
- 2016: CRG acquired Max and Erma's from America's Blue Ribbon Holdings ABRH.
History of Max and Erma's
- 1958: Max and Erma Visocnik opened a tavern in the German Village area of Columbus, Ohio.
- 1972: by Todd Barnum and Barry Zacks acquired the tavern and kept the name and developed the chain.
- 2008: G&R Acquisition Inc. acquired the chain.
- 2009: G&R filed chapter 11.
- 2009: ABRH acquired the chain.
- Billings Gazette - Restaurant Group Acquires Montana Chains (Drawn 10/8/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next